BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Like A Stone

Artwork by *fiyvis


In your house I long to be
Room by room, patiently
I'll wait for you there like a stone
I'll wait for you there alone
"Like a Stone" by Audioslave



Sometimes a song can just speak to you, and this one is a long standing favorite of mine. 

I have had the same ol' same ol' on the mind today. The usual about what's happened the past few months in my life. About my childhood, about everything. This post will be about my future, and my current romantic adventures amongst the world of men.

I know, once upon a time I told you I'd actually mix this blog up with emotional things as well as some thoughtful crap. I can go on and tell you now that there won't be as much thoughtful blogging as we both would like. So yeah, just thought I'd let you down easy heheh. 

Future plans, hm. Well, I want to go into Creative Writing in college, and get a MFA in that field. While going through the six years of college it would take, I'd also like to double minor in Studio Art and Psychology. I'm going to begin it all starting this January, of 2011, with one semester of local community college. From there, I will see. I'm doing this to give myself more time to decide where I'm going before I pick up and just haul it across the country. So far I've been offered a place to live during the summer, and I might take the man up on that offer if all goes well between us between now and the end of May. Then from there, next fall, maybe do another semester of community college, either up there near him or down here, depending on how the summer goes. Then from there, to a university where I can go onward with my education and get my BFA, maybe take a break, or just plow on to my MFA.

Hm. Yep, that's about as deep as my puddle goes right about now in life. I just want my education, to be happy, and to be out of this little mudhole that I live in. I know, big dreams and goals I got going on, right? 

I want one guy. A good guy. Decent, sweet, respectful, responsible, mature, fun, and laid back. I want to meet a guy and stay with said guy, and do things the right way. And make love to the guy, spend a lot of time with the guy, and eventually get married to the guy, have a family, have a life with the one guy.

Oh. I also want to learn to drive, get a car, and maybe even learn how to cook like a semi-normal woman. Oh... and I want some cookies [/random]. 

Heh, yeah, that's about it. The reason Audioslave's "Like a Stone" is stuck in my head is because I was thinking about how much I have been willing to sacrifice to find true happiness and real love with a man in the past. How much I've been willing to give up to go and make a life with someone, though those people were not seeking a life with one woman or even a life with me.

Either way... yeah.

-Eternity